Petition for the Creation of an ESD
Please visit Martindale City Hall and sign our petition! We need 100 signatures in order to get our petition on the ballot in November. We currently have 30 signatures! Every signature counts!
Martindale Fire and Rescue is currently acquiring signatures for petition to be placed on the voting ballot for the creation of Emergency Services District 3.
ESD 3 will have the following benefits for Martindale Fire and Rescue:
- The funds obtained will allow our department to have better training, equipment, and vehicles
- It will allow us to better train our existing personnel
- It will allow us the ability to recruit and retain new personnel through incentives such as paid training, fuel expenditures, etc.
- It would allow us the ability to build a new station, one that would house all of our vehicles. Currently we do not have room for them.
What will this mean for the community:
- Once Martindale Fire and Rescue becomes an ESD, we have the ability to become an ISO recognized fire service. What this means is the residents within our jurisdiction will see lowered insurances rates on thier properties and homes. The difference in the lowered insurance rates would offset the amount of additional property taxes paid by the residents.
The City Council of Martindale recently passed a resolution supporting the creation of ESD 3. The funds obtained through ESD 3 will benefit the Martindale Volunteer Fire Department only and would be monitored by an ESD board made up of members from within the community.
Please contact any member of the department for additional information or stop by City Hall to sign the petition. We need 100 signatures to be placed on the ballot for voting.
Click here for more information (Texas Dept of Agriculture)